Walnut Tigernut Bread
For the wet ingredients:
- 2-3 medium to large mashed very ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons of chia seed eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) pure maple syrup
For the dry ingredients:
- 1 cup of tigernut powder
- 1 cup of brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- chopped walnuts, and/or any nuts for topping (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with oil and set aside.
In a large bowl, mash the banana until almost smooth, and make sure you have 1 1/3 cups.
Stir the wet ingredients (chia eggs, milk, melted oil, and maple syrup,m) into the banana until combined.
Stir the dry ingredients (sugar, Tigernuts powder, brown rice flour, baking soda, and salt) into the wet mixture, one by one, in the order listed. Stop stirring when there are no flour patches at the bottom of the bowl.
Spoon the dough into the loaf pan and spread out evenly. Add your desired toppings and gently press them into the dough to adhere.
Bake the loaf, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes (bake for 47 to 48 minutes, but your time may vary), until lightly golden and firm on top. The top of the loaf should slowly spring back when touched.
Place the loaf pan on a cooling rack for 20-40 minutes and gently remove it from the pan